Ready to be a Sparta Spartan?
Step 1 - Request to Enroll (Pre-Registration Form)
Step 1: Request to Enroll (Pre-Registration Form)
After completing Step 1, upon approval, an email will be sent to the email address provided in the pre-registration form. After receiving the approval email, you will complete Step 2 and Step 3 of the enrollment process.
Your students enrollment is not complete until Steps 1-3 have been completed.
Step 2 - Create/Sign-In to PowerSchool Parent Portal Account
Step 2: PowerSchool Parent Portal
Using the information provided in your approval email, create a PowerSchool Parent Portal account unless you have an existing Sparta Parent Portal account (just log in) and add your new student.
Step 3 - Complete Enrollment Forms & Required Documents
Step 3: Complete Enrollment Forms and Submit Required Documents
Please complete the enrollment forms for your new student. The forms are located on the left hand side of the screen in your PowerSchool Parent Portal. You will have the option to scan/photograph your documents and upload them directly or you may make an appointment (schedule an appointment here) to have them copied and uploaded for you.
Required Documents for Enrollment
- Birth Certificate (issued by the county where the child was born, with raised seal)
- Unable to locate your students birth certificate? Need to order a new one?
- Immunization Record or Valid Waiver
- Current Proof of Residency (two required)
- Utility Bill (gas, electric, water)
- Property Tax Statement
- Proof of Home Purchase
- Rental/Lease Agreement
- Drivers License/State ID
Additional Documents Needed - If Applicable
- Students IEP
- Students 504 Plan
- Court Documents (guardianship, custody, foster care, etc.)
Congratulations! You Have Completed the Enrollment Process
Completed Enrollment & Start Date
Once enrollment forms and required documents have been submitted and your enrollment is approved, you will receive an email confirming enrollment (this can take 3-5 business days). The email will contain additional information regarding start date and scheduling.
Thank you for completing your student(s) enrollment with Sparta Area Schools. Welcome to the Spartan Family!
Current GSRP Students
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation! If you have any questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com.
School of Choice/Non-Resident Application
Sparta Area Schools participates in both Kent Intermediate School District Schools of Choice Plan and the Section 105c State Plan. All students residing within the Kent Intermediate School District may apply for enrollment in any Kent ISD school that has available openings during the advertised time frame. Students who reside in a district that is within a different ISD that borders the Kent ISD, may also apply under the Section 105c plan depending on available openings.
Enrollment for 2023-2024 is now open! Please fill a Pre-Registration Form and begin the enrollment process. (*Please note: The School of Choice window opens on April 10, 2023. You may submit your student's pre-registration form, but will not be accepted as School of Choice until after April 10, 2023.)
- Non-Resident Release: Non-Resident Release Applications are available for students that do not live within the Sparta Area Schools boundaries but are interested in attending school at one of our buildings through the Kent County Schools of Choice or 105c programs.
- School of Choice (within Kent County): The School of Choice Application window opens April 10, 2023. Registering as a non-resident transfer student will automatically generate your School of Choice Application. If all available slots are not filled, the School of Choice window will remain open until Monday, August 21, 2023, or until all slots are filled, whichever occurs first.
- 105c (outside of Kent Count - must be contiguous county): The 105c Application window is June 1 to June 30, 2023. There is no extension of time even if slots remain available. Registering as a non-resident transfer student will automatically generate your 105c application. 105c School of Choice Application