The Sparta Area School District participates in the National School Lunch/School Breakfast Program. Nutritious meals are served every school day. All meals served must meet patterns established by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
The way you access menus is changing, and we are sure you will love it! Sparta Area Schools in partnership with Chartwells K12, is now using Nutrislice to publish the school menus to a new interactive website and a free smartphone app! Now you can access your menus anywhere, anytime! Nutrislice gives students and parents the opportunity to see more information about menu items including photos and descriptions. The capability to filter common food allergens, translate menus into different languages, access nutrition information such as carb counts and calories is just a few clicks away! Please visit https://spartaschools.nutrislice.com/menu to check out the Sparta Area School Menus or download the Nutrislice app for free on your smartphone.
Conveniently view the school menus and food information. Click the link to install the app.
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) regulations require School
Food Authorities that participate in the NSLP to ensure that sufficient funds
are provided to the nonprofit school food service account for meals served to students not eligible for free or reduced price meals. Meal prices are determined by the USDA and Sparta Area Schools.
2018-19 Meal Prices:
Elementary Breakfast $1.55
Secondary Breakfast $1.65
Reduced Breakfast $.30
Elementary Lunch $2.65
Secondary Lunch $2.80-$3.20
Free & Reduced Applications
Lunchapp.com allows you to fill out an application for Free & Reduced Meal Benefits on-line. If you prefer to use this site, you will no longer need to send in the paper application and, in most cases, your application will be reviewed and a determination made within one business day. Please remember that a Free & Reduced Meal Application needs to be filled out every new school year between July 1st and October 10th. If you prefer the paper copy application they will be available at all open houses, building main offices, building kitchens, or feel free to use the attached documents below.
- Free/reduced app pdf
- Frequent questions
- Spanish app
- Spanish frequent questions
- Sharing information form
How to Deposit Money in your Students Food Service Account
To deposit funds into your student(s) lunch account(s) use, your Send Money to School account. There is a $2.00 per transaction fee. A second option would be to send a check made out to Sparta Area Schools Food Service or cash, with your student(s) and deliver it to the food service dept. in your building or the school office. Any questions about food service payments should be directed to Melissa Alley at 887-1744 or Deb Carnes at 887-8253.-Don’t add yet until new system up and runningJ
Breakfast is offered in all buildings. It includes a main entree, juice/fruit, and milk.
One hot entree is offered daily at the elementary schools. Yogurt and a variety of cold cereals are also offered every day. White milk (fat free or 1%) is offered for elementary breakfast.
Secondary students are offered a variety of hot main entrees along with juice, milk (fat free or 1% white and fat free chocolate), and a la carte items.
Elementary Breakfast Price: $1.55
Secondary Breakfast Price: $1.65
- Ridgeview Elementary offers: Three entrée choice with a hot vegetable
- Appleview Elementary offers: Four entrée choices with a hot vegetable
Additionally, all elementary schools have a fruit and vegetable bar for the school lunch children to enjoy daily.
Elementary Lunch: $2.65
Secondary Lunch: $2.80-$3.20
Middle School and High School students can choose from a wide range of entrees each day including:
- Create - come try some of our hearty homemade comfort meals
- Sono- High School and Middle School will now offer a new and improved Mexican Line. Available daily on this line made to order; beef, bean, or chicken tacos, taco salads, nachos, burritos, and enchiladas
- Grilled-Fast-casual station to grab your favorite grilled sandwich and finger food
- 2 Mato-Come try some of our amazing pasta's and pizza's (Classic cheese pizza made with reduced fat cheese on a fresh baked whole grain crust and specialty pizzas which are fresh baked daily)
- So Deli- Sandwiches and Salads Made to order with freshly baked breads and sliced meat choices with all your favorite toppings
- Grab and Go -fresh and fast food options
- Extra Extra - No one leaves our cafe hungry with our fresh fruit and vegetable bar (cold fruit and vegetable bar offered daily - featuring fresh seasonal produce including local items)
Summer Feeding Programs-MEET UP AND EAT UP:
To find the nearest Summer Foodservice program please visit the following site http://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/schoolnutrition/.
Both Chartwells and Sparta Area Schools are dedicated to providing quality nutritious meals that students will enjoy and choose to eat. We hope you will encourage your students to try new fruits and vegetables and that you will join us for a meal at school to see the changes for yourself. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Melissa Alley, Food Service Director at 887-1744.