Grants Awarded in 2015-16
Three times per year the Sparta Education Foundation reviews grants submitted by teachers and staff at Sparta Area Schools. Here is a list of the grants awarded helping to improve learning and provide "the extras for education" totaling $20,000.
- Adventure Fitness (videos to supplement health curriculum) **
- Using Video Cameras to Enhance Classroom (instructional improvement)
- Learning Adventures on a Magic Carpet (resources for reading area) *
Ridgeview & Appleview Elementary
- Watch Dogs (male role models)
- Third Grade Trip to Camp Henry (team-building activities)
- Showing What We Know in a Wireless World (computers to promote literacy and technology) *
- Let's Learn English Together (reading resources for monolingual students) *
- Nash Creek Streambank Restoration ***
- KIDZ Have Rights Program (abuse prevention program)
- Club Awe-SUM (math enrichment for 5th grade) ***
- Sprucing up the Lobby (frames for student artwork) **
- Double Your STEM ***
- Bair Lake Camp Experience (Career Academy team-building activities)
- Flags for SHS Media Center/Library
Type of Grant
- Literacy *
- AMPE (Art, Music, Physical Education) **
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) ***
- Health Center Fund provided scholarships for student trips to Frauenthal Music Hall and 4th grade to Sparta Senior Neighbors at Meadowlark Retirement Community, plus “Learning Kits” for all K-5 students totaling $4,000.
- Garlund-Schut Foundation grant for High School English Department.