Sparta Area Schools Facility Use
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-3:00
Call 616-887-8253 and ask for Missy Patterson
The Board of Education believes that the school facilities of this District should be made available for community purposes, if such does not infringe on the origin and necessary purpose of the property or interfere with the educational programs of the school and is harmonious with the purposes of this District. The Board will permit the use of school facilities when such permisson has been requested in writing by a responsible organization or a group of at least seven (7) citizens and has been approved by the Superintendent. District facilities shall be available for the below-listed uses. When there are competing interests for the use of facilities, approval will be given according to the following priorities:
A. Uses directly related to the schools and the operations of the schools.
B. Uses for voter registration and elections.
C. Meetings of employee associations.
D. Uses and groups indirectly related to the schools.
E. Departments or agencies of the municipal government.
F. Other governmental agencies offering services for profit.
G. Community organizations formed for charitable, civic, social or educational purposes.
H. Commercial or profit-making organizations or individuals.
I. Requests for funerals or memorial services - please contact the Superintendents's office.
For more information and rental fees click on Facilty Use Brochure link below.
Community Education Program Application Fillable Form - please fill out and return to Missy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Grimm at email@example.com
Auditorium Reservation Guidelines - Scheduling requests must be made 30 days in advance of event!
1. All facility usage requests will be handled by Missy Patterson.
2. Completed Usage Request Forms will be forwarded to the Auditorium Manager (Kadie Howe).
3. The Auditorium Manager will determine applicable fees based on needs/requests.
4. Requests must be submitted at least one month in advance of desired date(s).
5. All school requests for the upcoming school year submitted prior to January 31st of the current school year will be scheduled according to the SHS Performing Arts Center Priority Listing document.
6. All outside requests after January 31st will be scheduled on a "first come, first serve basis".
For more information and rental fees click on Auditorium Use Brochure link below